Calgon take me away.....
OK - so it won't be Calgon, but it will be my champagne colored minivan taking me away this weekend. Well, taking us away. We are embarking on a much needed long weekend in Florida. We have some great friends there who recently finished building their new house, and this will be our first time seeing it completed. They built in a back-woods neighborhood and there is a well stocked pond nearby. So we are looking forward to some R&R, fishing, visiting with friends, and, oh yeah, the ever important Florida State Garnet and Gold Scrimmage Game. :0) It is technically Derek's Spring Break, I guess. The weather was cold and rainy when the public schools had their break two weeks ago, so we opted to wait on ours until the weather was nicer. Oh, the joys of homeschooling! And honestly, it couldn't have come at a better time - the daily grind has been getting to me a bit lately, I cannot wait to de-stress in the sun!
On a side note, since I have created this new web presence, I am getting asked more often - "What are you doing now?" LOL For those who know me well, they know I wear several hats - many at the same time! So here is a quick synopsis:
Nearly every weekend I am still clowning and/or doing balloon decorating (EZ Occasions) and teaching the 3 year old Sunday School class at church. During the week I keep my nephew, Dylan, everyday and Ethan, (one year old) one half day a week. (Dylan is the baby I was requesting prayer for when he was born with bladder exstrophy back in November.)
Then of course, the homeschooling is Mon-Thu, we don't do school on Friday. We started in October and Derek has already started working in second grade materials and Camden seriously loves "school" even though he isn't doing anything official yet.
I haven't officially resigned from Nouveau Cosmeceuticals yet, but I simply don't have time to do much with it! The party biz I started out with, 1800PARTYSHop, has gone out of business, as did the Scrap In A Snap scrapbooking company that I was involved with for a very short time. So I no longer organize parties and sell supplies, I just show up and entertain. :o)
Oh yeah, in my spare time I try to scrapbook (tactile), and I like to play around with my business and family websites. Of course, I am WAY behind on both of those projects! (No way should I begin digital scrapbooking, although I found myself browsing one of those type of sites due to seeing the awesome pages done by fellow bloggers Kim, Fransie and Nat.)
I cannot get sucked down that hole, I cannot get sucked down that hole... I'm peering down into that hole..... :0)
On a side note, since I have created this new web presence, I am getting asked more often - "What are you doing now?" LOL For those who know me well, they know I wear several hats - many at the same time! So here is a quick synopsis:
Nearly every weekend I am still clowning and/or doing balloon decorating (EZ Occasions) and teaching the 3 year old Sunday School class at church. During the week I keep my nephew, Dylan, everyday and Ethan, (one year old) one half day a week. (Dylan is the baby I was requesting prayer for when he was born with bladder exstrophy back in November.)
Then of course, the homeschooling is Mon-Thu, we don't do school on Friday. We started in October and Derek has already started working in second grade materials and Camden seriously loves "school" even though he isn't doing anything official yet.
I haven't officially resigned from Nouveau Cosmeceuticals yet, but I simply don't have time to do much with it! The party biz I started out with, 1800PARTYSHop, has gone out of business, as did the Scrap In A Snap scrapbooking company that I was involved with for a very short time. So I no longer organize parties and sell supplies, I just show up and entertain. :o)
Oh yeah, in my spare time I try to scrapbook (tactile), and I like to play around with my business and family websites. Of course, I am WAY behind on both of those projects! (No way should I begin digital scrapbooking, although I found myself browsing one of those type of sites due to seeing the awesome pages done by fellow bloggers Kim, Fransie and Nat.)
I cannot get sucked down that hole, I cannot get sucked down that hole... I'm peering down into that hole..... :0)
3 Comments:
Ah, the much needed long weekend ... funny, S and I are heading out tomorrow sans kids for the same thing! :o)
You sound busy, but so grounded, Angela. I love that!!
And that "hole" you speak of ... so darn hard not to peer into, isn't it? ;)
Hey now, what is this? A conspiracy? LOL, I was supposed to be going with Steve to CA this weekend, but the tix were too expensive so he's heading out solo. Drat.
You know, I didn't remember your ever mentioning the intent to homeschool - was it a recent (you know, since the last time we talked, lol) decision?
Man, digital is da bomb! Okay, so I've only done a couple of pages - still, it is SO MUCH EASIER (at least for me) to have them all right there, and not have to wonder what the kids did with my scissors and tape AGAIN. ;) But fine, be that as it may, you could at least show us some work that you are doing, no? :)
I don't truly know how you do it all, Angela. You freakin' superwoman. I hate you :p.
Will mail or call soon,
Francine
Post a Comment
<< Home