Just me and Cam


Tonight Wade took Derek to an arena football game. Camden had not had a nap, so I opted to stay home with him. As we walked Dad and Derek out, I was afraid Cam would get upset, but he didn't. The weather was cooling down and was very pleasant, so we decided to go on a quick walk. We threw on our shoes, he grabbed his helmet and bike, and I grabbed the dogs. The dogs loved it, and Camden was happy as a lark. I enjoyed watching him chug down the trail, chatting happily with me. No arguing with his brother, no whining about Derek getting too far ahead. Just Camden and Mom spending some quality time together, walking while the sun was setting.
Afterwards, he took a nice long, peaceful bath - it was great not to hear the bickering in the tub. We popped popcorn and watched a movie - his choice - Inspector Gadget Saves Christmas. Then it was bedtime for him - and some online time for me until the guys get home - starving, of course!
We really don't do this often enough.
3 Comments:
yep ... nothing like a little one on one time! :o)
I have to say, when I get into that groove, and do that with each squirt, we all benefit!
Hi!!! Miss seeing you on the board, Angela, but I'd love to check in here from time to time.
(Boy, now that Fransie's blogging, she wants EVERYONE to, doesn't she! :P)
Your kiddos are looking great -- so grown up! And, okay, where are the beagle pics??
~Susie
Sounds like a wonderful evening! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home