Friday, April 21, 2006

Lift. Lower. Lift. Lower.

5'4, 120 lbs, blond, energetic, 49 years old

That's her.

5'1, 1xx lbs, (partially) blond, sluggish, 31 years old

That's me.

OK - so I exercised with her this morning. And yesterday morning. And a few other mornings in a row several months ago. Back then I could do both of her shows back to back - 45-50 minutes of lite to mild aerobics. Now I am challenged getting through her first 30 minutes of "Fit and Lite" which has a lot of stretching and yoga. Who is this superwoman, you may ask? Denise Austin - a very cute, perky, encouraging fitness expert who has had a fitness show on TV for decades now. She looks fabulous (for any age) and I really like her..... but not enough to roll out of bed at 5am on a regular basis, I guess. Sigh.

The experts say you have to do something 21 days in a row to make it a habit. So only 19 more days to go....

So now would be a good time to introduce my arch-enemy. That would be the tons of candy donated so graciously last weekend by the Easter Bunny, Gram and aunt and uncle Tara & Mike. I said TONS. Just so you know I am not exaggerating- here's a pic...

Oh yeah, there are also 2 kinds of ice cream in my freezer, as well as chocolate pie and Oreo delight in the fridge. (Yeah, yeah, I already finished off the strawberry shortcake.)

This is just.too.much. for my never waste or throw away something that is perfectly good hangup. Can I sigh again?

4 Comments:

Blogger karin said...

Ah, the ever-present desire to be fit and trim, right? I think you are on the right path, and certainly looking to make it a commitment! I'm here behind you, cheering you on -- go Angela, go Angela!

:O) All the best, and keep plugging girl!

7:01 PM, April 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah. I can relate. The really sad part is that for me, it takes more like 28 days to create a good habit, but only like 3, maybe 4 days, to break a good habit/create a bad one.

Can I sigh with you?

8:46 PM, April 22, 2006  
Blogger Francine said...

I made double chocolate fudge brownies today.

Twelve of them.

I hate denise Austin already :p.

9:56 AM, April 23, 2006  
Blogger Natalie said...

Throw away the candy! Blech, ptooey, yuck! :)

WTG - KUTGW! :)

12:15 AM, April 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home