Rave Restaurant Reviews
Tonight we visited a new restaurant. It was such a pleasurable experience, I just had to share. Our table was so nice, the napkin wrapped neatly around the silverware, the service impeccable. The menus were simple, but very creatively done. It was all-you-can-eat, with our server consistently refilling our spaghetti, green beans, and carrots, as well as our ice water. The prices were more than reasonable as well - we all ate for $14.50, including dessert. The best thing is, it was within walking distance!
The name of this fine establishment?
Derek's
The name of this fine establishment?
Derek's
He came up with the idea today and spent the entire afternoon setting the table, creating menus, sorting the monopoly money and getting ready his cash register, hunting up his apron and notepad, making an OPEN and CLOSED sign, setting up his microphone and amp in order to be able to call us to the table, choosing mood music, etc. He helped me cook, and actually served the plates and all the refills himself, and ate himself only after we all finished and he'd cleaned up the kitchen and did the dishes.
Be still my mommy-heart.
Oh yeah, although we paid for this terrific meal with monopoly money, we left a very real $1.00 tip on the table. :o)

7 Comments:
Oh, that just makes me SMILE.
(I tagged ya, btw)
I hope I will be able to attend that restraunt someday. Maybe the next time Papaw and I come to Alabama we will be able to go there. It sounds like a wonderful place to eat and owner is a very handsome man.
How totally creative and fun! Very cool! :)
I swear I posted here on this ... hmmmmm.
I love the creativity, the idea, the thought put into it, and of course, the description! Sounds like a restaurant needing a Zagat review at 5 Star, baby! :)
Love it!!
What a neat thing, that he invested himself so totally in the idea! Sounds like a wonderful memory to hold onto for years to come.
(and by the way ... congrats on the very cute flip flops! Sometimes we have to step out of our selves for a bit and play around with new selves, right?)
Oh Angela, that is SO cute! James has something like that a little bit, but nothing so elaborate. I just love it! (And can I just say that Mamaw's comment is pretty cute? I cannot imagine my grandmother being online at all!)
What a great idea! It sounds like you all had a great time with it. I wish my kiddos would serve me dinner one night!
Post a Comment
<< Home