Who are you, and what have you done with my wife?
I had run to "pick up a few things" and came home with a lime green tote bag and matching flip flops.

You have to understand that I just don't "do" flip flops. I honestly cannot remember the last time I wore them- maybe when I was 9? I certainly have never bought myself a pair! I have never seen a prong wedged between my toes as comfortable and certainly cannot imagine wearing them every-single-day-no-matter-what-outfit-I'm-wearing! (Hi Diane!) Besides the shoes, I don't buy myself new purses. Seriously, I own like 3 or 4 that I rotate throughout the year - all are navy, brown or black.
So why did I come home with such extravagent purchases?
Because they are so cute, and so springy.
And they look cute together - a matching set.
And I have toenail polish in the same shade. :o)
Oh, yeah, and I was alone. No kiddos to whine while I browsed. I even bought a new bra.
The real motivation initially was the fact that the brown leather backpack I am using currently is spilling over - what with all the wipes, sunscreen, candy, gum, and toys that the children require me to lug around for them. Not to mention the wallet, checkbook and cell phone I need. Oh yeah, throw in a diaper or two for Dylan and whatever book I am currently reading! (If by chance we stop at a park and I let the kids romp awhile so I can have 5 minutes of time to read!)
I have to admit, Wade liked them - even if he thinks I am losing my mind and re-living my youth!
Just wait until he sees my lime green toenails!
(Edited to add: I wore them today, to the MOMS Club Open House. I gots several compliments, and, yes, sore toes.) LOL
5 Comments:
Very cute! I cannot stand shoes that go between the toes for even two minutes, and I don't really do shoes or purses either. I actually don't carry a purse. Everything's in my pockets or in the truck. I wear the same pair of athletic shoes all of the time. In fact, they are waaaaay overdue to be replaced, and my feet and legs are KILLING me today after some extended errands last night. Maybe I'll go buy some lime green tennies! LOL
Way to go girlfriend! I knew you had it in you. You will always be my little girl. You do not have to always act your age be different. It is exciting to have a "Who are you?" once in awhile in your life.
I personally LOVE that color!!:O) JUST my style ... and flip flops are all I wear from May through October. I think it's great that you branched out and added some fun ... why not?! Best of luck getting used to the thong atthe toe. It does take time ....
LOVE the lime green flip flops - heck, I wear flippies all the time: pink, brown, black...I'll have to try spring green. :)
Glad you had a little fun on your shopping "spree"!
Ok OK so I am the only woman in Huntsville sporting the constant flip flops?? I wear them rain or shine winter or fall, THANKS FOR THE SHOUT OUT (ANGELA) Now when you buy a nighty to match or at least some booty shorts with Good Luck bear on the butt and a tank top to go get your mail...I will say you have lost your mind. Right along with me :P
Love Ya anyway, Diane
Post a Comment
<< Home