Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Feeling SO much better today!

Thanks, everyone for your well wishes.

I got the on shots on Sunday, and Monday Wade stayed home with me to help out with the boys. He made my favorite casserole and a cake, hoping I'd feel well enough by then to eat it. Derek had a game (a loss, sadly) Monday night, which Camden and I watched from the van.

Tuesday might have been my worst day. Wade went into work, since the doc-in-the-box said I'd be better by then. The boys were great, checking in on me, playing quietly, watching TV, since I could not get out of bed. I was completely wiped out and my throat still hurt so much. So Wade called my regular doctor and met me there. She did another strep test (negative) and then drew blood for a CBC and to test for mono. Thankfully, that was negative as well. So, although the penicillin shot I got on Sunday had cleared the strep, the infection was still bad in my throat and had spread downwards. Anyway, I got a round of antibiotics, something for pain, and some prednisone for the inflammation.

After ONE dose of the meds, I was so much better! I could eat the dinner Wade cooked, and definitely the cake. I could TALK without pain! It was great. I took one more dose of the pain meds during the night, and today I am 99% better! I have energy, and although my throat is sore, it is no longer painful just to talk and swallow! (With no pain meds at all today!)

The boys were so glad to see me "back!"

Thanks again, for all the well wishes and kind words. It's not often I am out for the count like that!

4 Comments:

Blogger karin said...

glad to hear that you are well, and on your way to a full recovery! :O)

9:59 AM, May 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear you were so sick! Glad you're doing so much better. :-)

Pretty flowers! :)

12:33 PM, May 17, 2006  
Blogger Francine said...

So glad to see you better! Now try to give yourself a rest for a few days!!

12:50 PM, May 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are better. My least favorite part of getting sick is playing catch up...house falls apart more than usual when I am sick.

Your roses for Mother's day looked pretty.

I looked at your family site, did you take a trip for your 10th anniversary? Where?

Our tenth will be Dec. 2007.

I LOVE that photo of your husband and sons walking on the beach in Florida. The lighting is so lovely, looks like a professional photo:)

Maria
www.poetlady.livejournal.com

11:02 AM, May 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home