Moments of gratitude
It is 11:15 pm, and sleep is all around me. In an odd turn of events, I am the only one in the house awake. Normally I am sleeping by 10pm at the latest. Although I am very tired, I have enjoyed a few quiet moments to myself tonight.
As I see my loved ones sleeping so peacefully around me, I am just filled with love and feel so blessed. My family is home tonight, everyone safe and sound, tucked in their beds, sleeping peacefully. I really am blessed.
Although I am not normally a paranoid person, I do have moments of panicked "what if?" Like today, when for a short period of time I could not reach Wade on his cell phone, my mind raced with those dreaded "what if's..." and tonight I watched the news yet again with new developments on the Natalee Holloway story.... then there are times like tonight, when I realize that once again, by the grace of God, we all made it safely through another day. And that makes me happy - and it makes me think of one of my favorite songs by Martina McBride ~ Blessed.
I get kissed by the sun each morning
Put my feet on a hardwood floor
I get to hear my children laughin'
Down the hall through the bedroom door
Sometimes I sit on my front porch swing
Just soakin' up the day
I think to myself, I think to myself
This world is a beautiful place
I have been blessed
And I feel like I've found my way
I thank God for all I've been given
At the end of every day
I have been blessed
With so much more than I deserve
To be here with the ones that love me
To love them so much it hurts
I have been blessed
Across a crowded room
I know you know what I'm thinkin'
By the way I look at you
And when we're lying in the quiet
And no words have to be said
I think to myself, I think to myself
This love is a beautiful gift
I have been blessed
And I feel like I've found my way
I thank God for all I've been given
At the end of every day
I have been blessed
With so much more than I deserve
To be here with the ones that love me
To love them so much it hurts
I have been blessed
When I, When I'm singing my kids to sleep
When I feel you holding me
I know
I am so blessed
And I feel like I've found my way
I thank God for all I've been given
At the end of every day
I have been blessed
As I see my loved ones sleeping so peacefully around me, I am just filled with love and feel so blessed. My family is home tonight, everyone safe and sound, tucked in their beds, sleeping peacefully. I really am blessed.
Although I am not normally a paranoid person, I do have moments of panicked "what if?" Like today, when for a short period of time I could not reach Wade on his cell phone, my mind raced with those dreaded "what if's..." and tonight I watched the news yet again with new developments on the Natalee Holloway story.... then there are times like tonight, when I realize that once again, by the grace of God, we all made it safely through another day. And that makes me happy - and it makes me think of one of my favorite songs by Martina McBride ~ Blessed.
I get kissed by the sun each morning
Put my feet on a hardwood floor
I get to hear my children laughin'
Down the hall through the bedroom door
Sometimes I sit on my front porch swing
Just soakin' up the day
I think to myself, I think to myself
This world is a beautiful place
I have been blessed
And I feel like I've found my way
I thank God for all I've been given
At the end of every day
I have been blessed
With so much more than I deserve
To be here with the ones that love me
To love them so much it hurts
I have been blessed
Across a crowded room
I know you know what I'm thinkin'
By the way I look at you
And when we're lying in the quiet
And no words have to be said
I think to myself, I think to myself
This love is a beautiful gift
I have been blessed
And I feel like I've found my way
I thank God for all I've been given
At the end of every day
I have been blessed
With so much more than I deserve
To be here with the ones that love me
To love them so much it hurts
I have been blessed
When I, When I'm singing my kids to sleep
When I feel you holding me
I know
I am so blessed
And I feel like I've found my way
I thank God for all I've been given
At the end of every day
I have been blessed
3 Comments:
What an absolutely wonderful post to wake up to (I just got up adn I'm doing my blog-round with a cup of coffee, the kids are having breakfast around me).
Thanks for that, A.
What a wonderful post .... I, too, am sitting here doing my blog round, and listening to my two giggle in the toy room as they *clean it* together ....
thanks for the reminder that ALL of this is a blessing.
Have a wonderful day, and enjoy your blessings ..... :)
I'm not familiar with the song, but love the sentiment. Very sweet. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home