My baby is 4 years old!
It's really hard to believe he's 4. I have reminisced quite a bit this weekend, to say the least. It's all good, though! (And NO we are not having any more babies!) :o)
We had a nice, busy birthday weekend. Unlike his older brother, Camden didn't have any big plans for his day - he was more than willing to just go with the flow. As long as there was cake and playing involved, he was fine! Saturday we had breakfast and play at McDonald's - the one with the nicest outside play area. Then we took him to play at the Thomas train table at Books A Million. That afternoon we grilled hamburgers at Uncle Mike's house, who shares Camden's birthday.

Today (Sunday) was his scheduled kid party at the local park. But rain moved in Saturday night and everything was a mess outside. We considered taking the plunge and moving it to Plan B (Chuck E Cheese) but Camden was fully content to stay home with just the family and his cake, so we were glad we never mentioned Plan B to him!

He has been asking for a hamster for months. However, with further investigation I decided that a hamster might not be the best critter for his age. So we decided on a guinea pig instead. We started looking last week and ended up bringing one home on Wednesday. She is still settling in and getting used to everyone, and certainly is calm and gentle, but she remains nameless.

Derek bought Camden this toy lizard, and I think he might even like it better than the guinea pig! It's a good thing I was fully prepared to take on the care of this new critter!
We had a nice, busy birthday weekend. Unlike his older brother, Camden didn't have any big plans for his day - he was more than willing to just go with the flow. As long as there was cake and playing involved, he was fine! Saturday we had breakfast and play at McDonald's - the one with the nicest outside play area. Then we took him to play at the Thomas train table at Books A Million. That afternoon we grilled hamburgers at Uncle Mike's house, who shares Camden's birthday.

Today (Sunday) was his scheduled kid party at the local park. But rain moved in Saturday night and everything was a mess outside. We considered taking the plunge and moving it to Plan B (Chuck E Cheese) but Camden was fully content to stay home with just the family and his cake, so we were glad we never mentioned Plan B to him!

He has been asking for a hamster for months. However, with further investigation I decided that a hamster might not be the best critter for his age. So we decided on a guinea pig instead. We started looking last week and ended up bringing one home on Wednesday. She is still settling in and getting used to everyone, and certainly is calm and gentle, but she remains nameless.

Derek bought Camden this toy lizard, and I think he might even like it better than the guinea pig! It's a good thing I was fully prepared to take on the care of this new critter!
4 Comments:
Happy Birthday, Camden!!! :)
Cute G.P. Wow, that lizard is realistic!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAMDEN!!!!
Love the guinea pig! I think she looks like an Olivia :D
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAMDEN!!! :O)
Love the G.P. - I think she looks like an Amber. :D
Happy Birthday, Camden
I am glad this birthday weekend was sort of laid back and fun. Camden is laid back and fun. (The feet thing proves that.)
Guinea pig??? Do you remember the one we had when you were young? Do you remember why we had to find a new place for him to live? (I would keep the lizard)
Post a Comment
<< Home