Saturday, May 06, 2006

Random interesting thoughts for the day...

Thought # 1

I have never met anyone for drinks, or coffee, etc., just to sit and talk and enjoy one another's company. Never. Not even my husband. I see that in the movies sometimes.

As far back as I can remember, anytime I have ever met someone at a restaurant or such, there has been food involved. Kill two birds with one stone, 'eh? (Oh, yeah, and I don't drink coffee, either.) But still.

Thought # 2

My youngest son, Camden, likes to have his feet on other people. It doesn't matter if I am sitting next to him on the couch, or lying next to him in his (or my) bed. He must touch someone with his feet. Most of the time that someone happens to be his big brother, Derek, since they sleep in the same bed. Weird. He must get that from his father...

It's a good thing I homeschool him. I could just imagine the notes I'd get from his Kindergarten teacher!

Thought # 3

I like to rearrange the furniture in my house. OK, so I realize this is not abnormal for a woman, however, I'm afraid I might be the extreme. I do not just rearrange the furniture in one room. For instance, I spent the last few days moving nearly everything from our school room to our playroom and vice versa. What once was the playroom is now the school room and family room combined, and the old school room is now Dylan's new sleeping area/playroom. See, Dylan was sleeping in the playroom right next to the door that goes outside to the back yard. With the nicer weather here, and school almost out, we would need to use that back door more often. Plus the former playroom-now-school room/family room is larger and was essentially wasted space while Dylan is here. Confused yet?

(To help clarify this I will explain: currently, the playroom is painted red, the boys room is painted green, and the school room/family room is painted tan.)

Anyway, I say I am the extreme because when we first moved in, the red room was an (unused) guest room, the green room was the boys room, and the tan room was a playroom. Next, the red room turned into Derek's room, and the green room was Camden's room. Then, the red room turned into the boys room and the green room into an (unused) guest room. After that, the playroom turned into a family room. Then the boys got the bunk bed and it only fit into the green room, so they moved in there and the red room became the school room.

Now, you remember how it is arranged now, right?

Whew. It makes me tired just thinking about it. I'm hoping this way will be the most logical use of space.

For now, anyway. :o)

(Oh yeah, my scrapbooking space has been moved more times than I can count. With this new set-up it is temporarily homeless - until I can get a large cabinet to store it all in, in the school room/family room. Sigh.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Francine said...

The homeschooling thing still has me in awe, no matter what room it's in :). You have my endless admiration.

Wish we could meet upo for coffee :)

12:27 PM, May 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never met anyone for just drinks or whatever to just talk either. I've gone for drinks after dinner, and I've met people at bars/clubs to hang out, but they were much too loud for the main purpose to be conversation.

LOL at the feet thing.

And I have no clue about your room arrangements. I need visual aids. I think a multi-color diagram would be most helpful. LOL But I get that you like to repurpose rooms. We've done that a lot here too, but not since Kaylee was born, other than moving my desk into the family room.

5:40 PM, May 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are just like me, when I was younger, cleaning the house meant moving everything around. I still like to change rooms around. But I have to admit it, you have me beat. My only question is: "Where do we sleep when we come to visit?"
The office?

I could not imagine you just sitting anywhere and talking and not getting 5 things accomplised at the same time. You could drink tea and catch up on what has been going on, but that is what this is for and you are busy while we read and respond. Yep, this is more like you.

7:03 AM, May 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home