Good Gravy, what a week-and-a-half!
(Good gravy! - my catch-phrase-of-the-month...)
I cannot believe how busy things have been over the past week or so since I last posted!
Memorial Day weekend I had two day-long clown events, then the following Tuesday Wade's aunt passed away, and on Wednesday he had his wisdom teeth removed, and we had the funeral stuff on Friday.
Saturday Derek had Game 1 of his baseball tournament and his end-of-the-season pool party, and since I had another day-long clown event at a local toy store, poor Wade had to grin and bear it with no pain meds. Sunday I did another toy store in a town 2 hours away, and the guys all stayed home and tried to recooperate.
Wade still had a lot of pain, so Monday morning we were at the dentist right after they opened. He had exposed bone from one of his teeth, which they cut off, packed and treated similarly to dry socket. He was off another day, then went back to work on Tuesday.
We also have Vacation Bible School this week - which is always fun, but very tiring. I normally teach one of the 4 year old classes, but this year, since I have Dylan, I opted to just be a substitute. Dylan is going through some severe separation anxiety right now, so although he has done OK in the church nursery, I've had to come in and settle him several times during the 3 hour VBS each day. I ended up subbing in the 1 year old class - another bunch of little darlin's with the separation anxiety issues! It's been interesting, to say the least! I can really appreciate my boys being independent now, although it was VBS a few short years ago when I had to deal with all of it with Camden, and now he runs to his class!
Derek won Game 1 and 2 of his baseball tournament, and we have another game tomorrow night - the same night as the VBS parent program. So Camden and I will watch a few minutes of Derek's game, then run do his part of the program, and come back to see (hopefully) the end of the game. Friday is the last day of VBS, and Saturday will be the final baseball games - but no clown parties scheduled..... YET! :O)
On Sunday we teach our newly-promoted 4 year old Sunday School class, then I have a clown party in the evening. Next week looks a bit more calm, but every weekend this month I have parties scheduled - already! Lots of June birthdays, I guess!
I cannot believe how busy things have been over the past week or so since I last posted!
Memorial Day weekend I had two day-long clown events, then the following Tuesday Wade's aunt passed away, and on Wednesday he had his wisdom teeth removed, and we had the funeral stuff on Friday.
Saturday Derek had Game 1 of his baseball tournament and his end-of-the-season pool party, and since I had another day-long clown event at a local toy store, poor Wade had to grin and bear it with no pain meds. Sunday I did another toy store in a town 2 hours away, and the guys all stayed home and tried to recooperate.
Wade still had a lot of pain, so Monday morning we were at the dentist right after they opened. He had exposed bone from one of his teeth, which they cut off, packed and treated similarly to dry socket. He was off another day, then went back to work on Tuesday.
We also have Vacation Bible School this week - which is always fun, but very tiring. I normally teach one of the 4 year old classes, but this year, since I have Dylan, I opted to just be a substitute. Dylan is going through some severe separation anxiety right now, so although he has done OK in the church nursery, I've had to come in and settle him several times during the 3 hour VBS each day. I ended up subbing in the 1 year old class - another bunch of little darlin's with the separation anxiety issues! It's been interesting, to say the least! I can really appreciate my boys being independent now, although it was VBS a few short years ago when I had to deal with all of it with Camden, and now he runs to his class!
Derek won Game 1 and 2 of his baseball tournament, and we have another game tomorrow night - the same night as the VBS parent program. So Camden and I will watch a few minutes of Derek's game, then run do his part of the program, and come back to see (hopefully) the end of the game. Friday is the last day of VBS, and Saturday will be the final baseball games - but no clown parties scheduled..... YET! :O)
On Sunday we teach our newly-promoted 4 year old Sunday School class, then I have a clown party in the evening. Next week looks a bit more calm, but every weekend this month I have parties scheduled - already! Lots of June birthdays, I guess!
3 Comments:
Good gravy is right! I'm exhausted just reading all that! So sorry to hear about Wade's aunt, and his poor tooth experience! Congrats to Derek on his wins. Hope things have settled down a bit now.
I love that phrase. :) Sounds like a lot going on for sure, and I'm sorry some of it's not so fun. But good for Derek and his winning team, and hooray for booked party weekends, too!
I'm sorry to hear about your husband's aunt. Was it unexpected?
I hope your husband has recovered from having his wisdom teeth removed.
You sound busy but I am glad you keep this journal so I can hear how you are:)
Maria from MC
Post a Comment
<< Home