Thursday, June 15, 2006

The Yankees have concluded their season...

... at least here at our local park, that is. After a whirlwind two weeks - wherein we had games nearly every other night - the season ended this past weekend. Much to Derek's dismay, the Yankees did not win the Coach Pitch Championship, but we did play in the championship game. Although he was disappointed to find that there was no award for second place.

He really loved baseball this year - and was nearly in tears twice during that last (very intense) game, simply with the emotion of it all. While mom and dad are ready for some down time, Derek did not want the season to end. His coach has a great website up for the team, please stop by if you get the chance. He is mentioned a few times in the play by plays - the coach is very fair in his recognition.

I'd say the only negative thing is Derek is having trouble with a bit of jealousy. There were only two chosen from each team for the All Star Team, and not only was Derek not one of them, but one of the boys chosen also received the Sportsmanship Award. Sports certainly teaches some life lessons, and this one was hard for Derek to learn.

I am so proud of my little squirt, though, he had a great season, and loved every minute of it!

2 Comments:

Blogger karin said...

I gotta tell 'ya, Angela, I was teased by that headline -- I thought you meant the true Bronx Bombers, and had some inside info about their season being over! I would hva been thrilled .... ;O) But, of course, with it being *Derek's* team, that is a little sad, for sure!

Glad he really enjoyed it - SUCH a cool game!

Hope all the future years with it for him are equally as fun, and life-lesson-learning too.

Great website, too .... kudos to the coach, for sure!

6:52 PM, June 15, 2006  
Blogger Francine said...

Awww, poor babe. That's just the way life is, but that doesn't mean one has to like it ;-)

Great picture!

11:30 AM, June 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home