Wednesday, August 23, 2006

No news is NOT good news.... sigh

OK peeps - sorry about all of the anticipation. I truly expected to have been able to make my little announcement days ago! (And for those of you who were wondering if I was going to announce the arrival of another child, the answer is a resounding no! My baby-making days are over and I stay plenty busy with my two boys and almost 10 month old nephew Dylan.)

So, although I wanted to make a grand announcement, I've decided to vent instead! (And perhaps beg for some prayers and positive vibes!)

We are planning to put our house on the market very soon. We need some extra space, especially for the school room, and we want a garage. Although we are not tied to a school district, we really like the area of town we live in and prefer to stay close, so Derek can stay with the same ballfield and friends/teammates. We have looked at the houses currently available and just haven't found one we like better than the one we live in.

So we have begun some discussions with builders and are considering taking on the challenge of building. I think we have looked at nearly every available lot in our neck of the woods, as well as some further out. We pretty much ruled out moving outside of the city, as it would be even further for Wade to drive to work, as well as lose the convenience of everything closeby.

Anyway, it has turned out to be one wait after another - a sign of things to come, I am sure. We have finally narrowed it down to one lot and we are now waiting on estimates for site prep work, as it is hillside land. One of the reasons we want to build is to keep the cost down by doing as much of the labor as we can. However, we certainly don't want to purchase a lot that will end up costing us 50K just to prep to build on it!

So, we are waiting, yet again. We have viewed hundreds of floorplans on the internet, and finally sketched one for ourselves. We are hoping we can get just what we are looking for in a house, yet not have to compete with the buyers market that is a reality right now. There are only 3 houses listed in this area of town that are comparable to our house, so we are hoping for a quick sale when we do list it. Housing in our city has gone up tremendously over the past few years, so we are hoping to get more house for the money by building and putting in our own "sweat equity."

We do have an incentive to make the decision by August 31st, though. So we are down to the wire, I cannot stop thinking about it, and I jump everytime the phone rings.

So, after everyone sends my friend Nat some sell-your-house-quickly vibes, send me whatever you have left for a decision, and soon!

Sigh.

2 Comments:

Blogger karin said...

Okay, so that is BIG news, and even though you think it isn't as "big" as you thought it would be - I think it is IS!!!! That is really exciting, and I am SO sending you selling vibes, and find the land vibes, and all that good stuff!

Sorry you're a wee bit frustrated with it - (((hugs)))

6:41 PM, August 24, 2006  
Blogger Francine said...

THat is HUGE news. So very, very very, exciting!!!!

12:20 AM, August 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home