Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Sorry to disappoint the fans!

LOL! People keep asking when I'm going to do another BLOG update.... I had no idea I was so popular! or as Wade would say Bwa hahahahahaaaa!

Things have been crazy around here - that's nothing unusual, I know. Maybe that's why people ask me to update my BLOG - I'm too busy to keep everyone updated in person! We are finishing up the end of our summer homeschooling session, it has been nice veering from the regular school routine and doing the Baseball Unit Study. We plan to begin our new school year after Labor Day, when maybe it will actually feel like fall.

Today we went to Ditto Landing, a nearby marina and campground. We wanted to watch a 75 year old bridge be demolished. We got there right at 11:00, the scheduled time, and saw so many people leaving, and we wondered why. After a phone call to Wade, who was watching the LIVE feed on a local TV station, we heard it was delayed until 11:30. Then a passerby said 1:00. My gut instant (and my husband) told me to head home, but the exit line was so long and the boys really wanted to stay, so we did. There were loads of people around to watch, including tons of boats in the marina, and the boys spent some time throwing rocks into the river. When it got too hot, we retreated to the shaded playground at the campsite and visited the bathrooms.



Closer to 1:00 we headed back over to find a good parking spot with (hopefully) a quick exit. At 1:30, just about the time (9 month old) Dylan had lost all patience with the entire situation, we heard on the radio that it was delayed until 3:00. I immediately left, beating all traffic and we went home! The boys were disappointed, but tired and hungry as well.

So, I got the boys fed and in bed, all three of them, and sat down with my lunch to watch the LIVE feed. At 2:21 or so, the horns blared and one section came down. It was over in 30 seconds and I watched everyone, most who had been there 3 or more hours, scuttle to get to their cars and into the long exit line again.

Ah, well. I'll show the boys the video clip when they get up, and maybe we can catch the next one!

So, there was a very brief update for the fans....I will hint at a BIG announcement coming soon - maybe even tomorrow. Mums the word for now - something about not wanting to jinx it and all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home