Tuesday, September 19, 2006

It's SO good to have great friends!

I'm basking in friendship today, I am.

First, I received an email from my dear friend Trudy, thanking me for her gifts. They arrived, not only in time for her birthday, but a day early. And she loved everything - a task that is not too easily accomplished, since we haven't seen each other in 8 years!

Then, I read my friend Fransie's blog, and once again, as always, she posted something that was so ME. She keeps me grounded, this woman does. She reminds me daily (or at least whenever I have time to read her blog, LOL) about putting things into perspective and seeing life and loved ones for what they really are - gifts to be treasured.

Here is the blurb from her blog that hit me between the eyes today:

"Why do I always wonder - could I not have worked harder, spent more time with the children, why didn't I have a minute to do...I need to stop that. I need to learn how to better manage ... I need to stop and just be every once in a while, without thinking about all the Useful Things I could have filled that time with...."

She's a smart woman, this gal in Holland that I've never even met in person. I think I'll keep her. ((HUGS))

And to top it all off, my doorbell just rang. Unexpectedly, my dear friend Alison sent us Omaha Steaks!!! I have never, ever, been spoiled like this woman spoils me. (OK, except for by Wade.) She had a sweet little baby girl just 10 days ago, and to say she was appreciative of us keeping 18 month old "big brother" while she was in the hospital, is a severe understatement. This was in addition to other gift cards for the new house! She is a wonderful friend, and I only hope I can help out with some of the juggling she will have to learn to do with two babies so close in age! (Is it polite to send a thank you gift for a thank you gift???)

Yep, today I am surrounded by friends - at least in my heart! Thanks to all of you for making an ordinary day extraordinary!

2 Comments:

Blogger Francine said...

can

not

stop

SMILING

:-D :-D

3:38 AM, September 20, 2006  
Blogger karin said...

you are way too sweet, A! :O)

love that you are spreading your love of the people in your life!

:O)

5:35 PM, September 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home