Update

Well, things are coming right along with the house, albeit more slowly than we anticipated. Sadly, last weekend our builder's right hand man was in a severe car accident and is still hospitalized. We feel just horrible for his family and his crew. He is a really likeable and "get it done" kind of guy. We don't have any real updates right now, other than he has been in a medical induced coma for the past week because he has so many broken bones. If he survives, he will most likely be paralyzed. :( This has put a real downer on the whole project, obviously, but the work has still gone on.

These photos are from Dec 10th, when they just began digging out the foundation. They hit several large rocks which had to be blasted away with some huge, expensive machine. Although one of the boys favorite playing rocks is now gone, they have assured us we will still have plenty remaining. I plan to go by this afternoon and take more photos, as they are now finished leveling out the foundation and are beginning to get it ready for concrete.

In other news, Derek has begun basketball practice and participated in a pre-season tournament last week. Unfortunately, they were out after only 2 games. So far, his team is struggling, but maybe after the holidays and a few more practices they will improve!
We have not yet taken a break from schooling for our Christmas holiday. We are going to visit Ma'am Maw and Pap Paw in Georgia for a few days before Christmas, so I imagine our Christmas break will begin then. I am trying to keep a tight reign on our schedule now, because I know we will take at least a week off when we move into the new house!
I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season and I'll post more soon! (My online time is still very limited!) As always, you can look at my Photosite for more new construction photos.
1 Comments:
Angela -
I am so sorry about that accident and the contractor. My thoughts and prayers are with he and his family. So very sad to happen right now at the Holidays, too.
As far as the construction moving forward, that's good news .... hope that more good news keeps coming!
Take good care, and be sure to update when you can ....
Post a Comment
<< Home