It's a New Year ...
... and how quickly the old one went by! (sigh)
Happy 2007 everyone!
(Maybe this year I'll be better at keeping up with updating my blog and reading everyone else's!)
The house is coming along, finally. Things were almost at a stand still, due to the holidays, rain, and the unfortunate passing of Mr. Beasley, the project foreman. But last week they poured the footings and the plan is for the basement to be blocked in next week. If all goes as planned (fingers crossed here) we will begin stacking logs in the next two weeks! I will be SO GLAD to get my house off the side of the road!! I think the fun will begin when we are actually able to be "hands on" with the project - that is what we are looking forward to. Stacking, cleaning, sanding, staining, caulking, painting, tiling, carpeting... I can't wait!

In other news, Derek had his first official season basketball game on Saturday - and they won! The winning shot went in with less than 13 seconds in the game. It was quite intense, to say the least. He really takes these games seriously, so I'm glad they got the win.
Christmas went by too quickly, and as always the boys got entirely too many toys! As for Wade and I, we requested house related items and got quite a few cool decorative things, as well as gift cards to buy more. We also managed to get away for a Trans Siberian Orchestra concert. It was quite easily the best concert either one of us have ever attended. (Not that there have been many, LOL!) The music was terrific, the light show was so very impressive, and it even snowed in the arena! If you ever get the chance to experience it, I highly recommend it.

Tomorrow school starts back after the holidays, so that should be interesting. We are going to begin learning Spanish together, so I hope that takes away some of the dread of getting back to the daily grind, LOL.

I'll be sure to post more house photos soon, and as always, there are several more on my Photosite.
Happy 2007 everyone!
(Maybe this year I'll be better at keeping up with updating my blog and reading everyone else's!)
The house is coming along, finally. Things were almost at a stand still, due to the holidays, rain, and the unfortunate passing of Mr. Beasley, the project foreman. But last week they poured the footings and the plan is for the basement to be blocked in next week. If all goes as planned (fingers crossed here) we will begin stacking logs in the next two weeks! I will be SO GLAD to get my house off the side of the road!! I think the fun will begin when we are actually able to be "hands on" with the project - that is what we are looking forward to. Stacking, cleaning, sanding, staining, caulking, painting, tiling, carpeting... I can't wait!

In other news, Derek had his first official season basketball game on Saturday - and they won! The winning shot went in with less than 13 seconds in the game. It was quite intense, to say the least. He really takes these games seriously, so I'm glad they got the win.
Christmas went by too quickly, and as always the boys got entirely too many toys! As for Wade and I, we requested house related items and got quite a few cool decorative things, as well as gift cards to buy more. We also managed to get away for a Trans Siberian Orchestra concert. It was quite easily the best concert either one of us have ever attended. (Not that there have been many, LOL!) The music was terrific, the light show was so very impressive, and it even snowed in the arena! If you ever get the chance to experience it, I highly recommend it.

Tomorrow school starts back after the holidays, so that should be interesting. We are going to begin learning Spanish together, so I hope that takes away some of the dread of getting back to the daily grind, LOL.

I'll be sure to post more house photos soon, and as always, there are several more on my Photosite.
3 Comments:
hey there! glad to see you here - and footings IN?! woohooo!! can't wait to see how fast it moves from here .....
I bet the TSO concert was wonderful, I have heard they put on quite a show!
congrats to D on the bball game, isn't it fun to watch the kids play sports!?
see you back here, soon, right?
;)
I am going to comment on every singel post you put here, aboutbhow jealous I am. ;-)
(just so you know what you're in for :p).
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!
Dude, that was me. I keep doing this. Someone slap me :)
Post a Comment
<< Home