Laying Block

They are laying block! :)
This photo is taken from the back left corner of the house. You can see how many rows of block they had to lay to level it out for the foundation. We are so excited to see progress!
This photos was taken Friday, and unfortunately, although the weather over the weekend was sunny and nearly 70 degrees, the crew didn't work. Sigh. Such are the woes of construction, I guess. Rain and a cold front are moving in today, so I don't imagine the progress will be great this week. But we broke ground on Nov 14th, so it's just now been two full months of construction... and this part takes the longest, right? (Trying to stay positive here!)
;)
We were able to take some time yesterday to do some more comparative shopping, and even picked up a chandelier with a gift card we got for Christmas. (Thanks, Mom!) We found it in the clearance pile, the box was badly damaged, but the fixture was fine. So we scored 50% off! Gotta love a bargain!

I hope to have some more good news soon, and as always, there are more photos on my photosite.
1 Comments:
Angela - where oh where do my comments go on your blog??!! I was here yesterday and I am so certain that I posted .... argh.
Anyway - BLOCK! you have blocks in and laid, and ready for foundation, woman! WOOOHOOO! all kinds of happy I bet you are ... and rock on with your deal of the century! pretty light .... can't wait to see more progress .....
:O)
Post a Comment
<< Home