Thursday, June 21, 2007

Framing and trusses

Interior walls went up at the beginning of the week - now it really is beginning to look like a house! In the center is the dining alcove (to the left of the stairs) the laundry room behind that, and the far left is the master bedroom and bath. To the right of the stairs will be the boys bathroom and I was standing in the foyer when I took the photo.



The crane came today and we now have the beginnings of a roof! The 3 hour estimate turned into 10 hours, but the crane got the roof trusses moved, lifted, and in place today. Thankfully nobody was injured in the process, as there was apparently no good place to walk while they were trying to nail in the trusses!




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela this is JenT from the Jan baby board. I just wanted to say I am so happy for you and I LOVE watching you build your home. it is so exciting to see a dream of yours realized. I can't even imagine how exciting it must be for you and your family!!!

6:21 AM, June 22, 2007  
Blogger karin said...

WOW! It really looks like it's coming together so well! I love that you've got a wonderful pictorial ... I just floated back through some pages and saw the progress ... Angela, it is AWESOME! I cannot wait for more ... :)

6:49 PM, July 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home